Tony

Tony

Friday, August 15, 2014

Which are you?

"Some people take themselves seriously while others take what they do seriously."

As I watch people in various organizations and at functions, the Wizard of Oz occasionally comes to mind.  Some are happy and satisfied to be like the "Great OZ", the ones who must be the center of attention, putting those who approach in awe, frequently accepting the praise for what others accomplish.

Then, there are those, you know the ones, they toil behind the curtain, tugging on the levers and the controls, making things happen and are just as happy to go unnoticed, receiving their fulfillment from what they have accomplished.

I have always tried to be the one behind the curtain, taking what I do seriously and, as much as possible, directing any praise on to others.  Unfortunately, during an election campaign, you must step out from behind the curtain and draw attention to yourself, your qualifications and what you have accomplished.

Sometimes this works, sometimes not. The "Great OZ" is better suited to the limelight, better able to convince the audience of his greatness.  All I can do is my best.   Maybe, with practice, I will become better able sing my own praises??

Thank you
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment