Tony

Tony

Sunday, August 24, 2014

A slight course change

"Those not willing to adapt to changing circumstances may let opportunity pass them by and, instead of being part of the future, they will become part of the past."

As to yard signs,  my initial plans regarding them have changed as the campaign has progressed.  I had planned not to use yard signs however, enough people have asked for them and told me that the signs will get my name out there if front of potential voters , so I decided to go with the flow

Plan B was to re-purpose existing signs from another candidate, and we will still work on this.  I am not in favor of being responsible for creating more of these #5 plastic signs that are not recyclable nor compostable.

Next chapter.  After pricing printed paper signs to cover the original name, I found that the new plastic signs are less expensive.  With more folks asking for yard signs, the decision was made to order the new signs and have them to distribute early in September.

We will still try to reuse the signs we have gathered, but that will take time and money for paint and stencils.  I have not given up on these and will keep trying to make these work  for additional locations.  Either way, we will use the metal stands that came with the used signs we received.

In most situations, we go in with our minds set on a certain plan or solution.  When circumstances change or financial constraints lead you to a new path, you must be flexible and be willing to adapt to the the new situation.  When a person digs in their heels, refusing to change, regardless of the circumstances, the outcome may be less favorable than it might have been.  No matter what happens, the decision must still be compatible with your ethical standards.

This is true in personal activities, but far more so when you have been chosen to represent a group of people, managing their assets and organization, spending their money, working toward meeting their expectations and delivering promised services.

Through my 40 years as a Hospital Commissioner, I have remained flexible and, after doing the research and looking at the alternatives, I have been willing to change the plan as long as it will result in the best outcome.

Today I will be attending the Jefferson County Democratic "Fish Fry".  The PUD Commission office is non-partisan, as am I, but this may be a chance to raise needed funds to continue the campaign.  My wife and I, along with one donation from a friend, have supported and staffed my campaign.  To improve our PUD will take a team as will winning the election in November.

Thanks
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment