Tony

Tony

Thursday, August 21, 2014

A day at the office

"Being able to roll up my sleeves and get to the work of governing was a pleasant relief from the hectic campaign trail to the November election."

Today my energies were focused on my duties as an elected Hospital Commissioner for Jefferson County Public Hospital District #2, Jefferson Healthcare, a position I have held for over 40 years.

Today started at 11 with a Service Excellence administrative committee meeting.  Next was a lengthy review of several medical staff application files for approval at subsequent Commission meetings.  Then on to the Hospital District Board of Commissioners meeting at 3:30.  That ran until around       5 PM (shorter than usual).  A very productive day!

As I have said, I am not now, nor will never be, a politician.  Some seem to appreciate being the center of attention, having a crowd hanging on their every word.  NOT ME!  I just want the opportunity to serve my community through an additional roll as PUD Commissioner, with the same energy, commitment and attention to detail that I have brought to my current position.

To make a good day even even better, I received my first campaign contribution from a close friend and mentor.  Somehow, the gesture had far more value and meaning to me than the money given.  

Thanks
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment