Tony

Tony

Friday, August 22, 2014

Debate #3

"Be prepared for each and every opportunity and none shall pass you by."

Last night many of the candidates for local offices, including my opponent and myself, had the chance to share our messages with the Jefferson County Fire Commissioner and Secretary Association.  This was held at the Quilcene (Jefferson County Fire Protection District #2) fire station #21, downtown Quilcene.

The turnout was good and the session was well run by the moderator.  It felt like going home, being around the fire equipment and firefighters.  I did notice that the equipment has gotten bigger and the firefighters seem younger.  Refreshments were supplied, which I appreciated as I had not taken time to eat before I left the house.

I believe that I presented well.  The audience seemed to appreciate my message and the answers I provided to their questions.

This debate was more comfortable to me, possibly because I have had a bit of practice during the first two, but, more likely, I relaxed and allowed me to be myself, including the occasional bit of humor.

Thank you for your support and I hope I can continue to gain your trust and confidence in my ability to do the job as your PUD Commissioner.
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment