Tony

Tony

Monday, August 18, 2014

Untitled

"Some days, the words just escape me."

I spent 4+ hours at the candidates booth at the All County Picnic yesterday.  It was a great event although, it seems, did not draw the crowd I had expected.  I occasionally took a break and chatted with those attending as well as those staffing the various booths.

Thank you Chef Stark for the great job you and your crew did with the fresh corn on the cob.

Today was another day, but a day away from the campaign trail.  It, our PUD and the Hospital District are never out of my mind, but this was a needed diversion. 

Over the last two days, one of our grand kids have been staying with us.  This has been great fun and we have enjoyed every minute of it.   I just with I had that much energy!

I have a new (well, new to me) toy.  For months I have been searching for a small metal lathe within my budget.  I even placed a wanted ad on Craigslist.  Well, yesterday, it happened.  Someone in Belfair had a used a small 9 x 20 inch import lathe at a price that was in my budget. He really gave me a great deal, much lower than I had ever expected.  I sold a lift I had fixed up and used part of the money to buy the lathe, the rest to go to fund my campaign.

This little lathe needs some work and lots of TLC, but I love a challenge, be it reviving an old tool or running for PUD Commission.  I used a homemade hoist I built to get it out of my pickup and it now resides on a wheeled cart, another project, but a fun one.  After I get the stand build for it, I will mount it and start the repairs, cleanup and fine tuning.  For now, it will have to wait, busy day tomorrow.

I will be at the Energy Lunch tomorrow, followed by the Energy Efficiency Workshop, then on to a small tea for the Hospice Foundation, next to the PUD Board meeting in Quilcene, at the Fire Hall, 5PM.  If the Board meeting adjourns early enough, I will try to catch the last part of the Citizens for Local Food meeting at the County Library.  Just another busy day.  Lots to learn about all the areas of our lives touched by our PUD.

The lathe will be on my mind, somewhere, but the PUD and the Hospital are my prime concerns and I have the energy and time for both and still maintain a balanced life with my family, regardless of what my opponent may imply.

Have a great day tomorrow!!
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment