Tony

Tony

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Why did this happen?

"When you have to depend on the actions of others during your quest, miscalculations on their part can create roadblocks that you may not be able to overcome."


If you look at the Voters Guide in the on-line version (E Edition) of the PT leader, amid all of the great, color photos of the other candidates, you will see one very unflattering black and white photo of me.  They had the good color picture that I have used throughout the campaign, the ones in  their print Voters Guide, any articles and all my paid ads.  Where this one appeared, and why, is a mystery to me.

I visited with the managing editor on Friday re the fact that they cut out the #5 questions, leaving most of my comments on the cutting room floor.  I will visit him again, first thing Monday to see if these issues can be rectified. 

In a campaign, the less you can spend on big ads, the more you must depend on such as the voter's guide to get your message out. I know, another political candidate whining  and sniveling.  No, I just want our local press to show the same level of professionalism upon which we depend all year.

 I will be attending two candidate forums next week and getting more of my yard signs out.  Speaking of driving stakes for yard signs, I found out, last Friday, what happens to the human hand (mine) when struck by a 3 pound sledge hammer, swung with gusto.  Apparently nothing was broken, but it is quite sore and a very ugly bruise is now developing on my hand and part of my lower left arm.

The moral of the story is it may be important to keep your eye on the target, but it is where the hammer lands that counts or, next time, have my opponent hold the stake.


I depend on your support now, even more than ever!!!
Thank

No comments:

Post a Comment