Tony

Tony

Thursday, October 2, 2014

I took the Pledge

"Regardless of how much you may want something, compromising your personal ethical standards and honor are too high a price to pay."

The Port Townsend - Jefferson County Leader, in a attempt to raise the ethical bar for local political campaigns, has established the "Fair Campaign Pledge" and has asked those running to commit to its standards.  I have conducted, and will continue, to conduct my campaign to similar standards from the day I filed for office.  


Fair Campaign Pledge
• I will conduct my campaign honestly, openly and fairly. I will discuss the issues and participate in fair public debate with respect to my views and qualifications.
• I will not engage in, permit or condone defamatory attacks upon the character of my opponent; nor will I engage in invasions of personal privacy unrelated to campaign issues.
• I will not use or permit use of any campaign material or advertisement which misrepresents, distorts, or otherwise falsifies the facts regarding my opponent.
• I will refuse to disseminate any campaign material or message in which I am not prominently identified.
• I will publicly repudiate support from any individual or group whose activities would violate this Fair Campaign Pledge.
I, Anthony F. (Tony) De Leo, candidate for PUD Commission, District, will abide by these standards

No comments:

Post a Comment