Tony

Tony

Friday, October 10, 2014

I am ready!

 "Preparation is a critical part of success."

Yes, I am ready for my new opportunity to serve my community as your PUD Commissioner.

  • Having done my homework, I have learned the related laws and much about the operations of our PUD, and I will continue to learn,  keep up with changing issues and your concerns.
  • As a lifelong, fourth generation, Jefferson County resident, I know the area and its people.
  • Forty years as an elected Hospital Commissioner has prepared me to work with the other Commissioners, the CEO (Chief Executive Officer), and the public I will serve. 
  • During my time on the Hospital Board, I have learned and I respect the difference between governance (board duties) and operations, critical to the organization's success.
  • As a fire chief, I saw the how much damage can be done by a Board that becomes too involved in the day-to-day operations, something I will avoid doing.
  • I have seen the positive results of having the right people, in the right places, and enough of them to get the job done,
  • Now retired, I have the time to take on my new role as a PUD Commissioner while continuing my commitment to serve as your Hospital Commissioner.
  • Two independent legal reviews of serving in these two offices have found no conflicts or issues. 
Yes, I am ready! I have spent a lifetime of community service preparing myself for this position, now all I need is your support and your vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment