Tony

Tony

Monday, October 27, 2014

The laws and opinion precluding PUD becoming an ISP

"If  you want to do the best job possible, you need to apply yourself, do the research and share and use what you have learned"

As I said in my previous post, when I received the specific laws and AG (Washington State Attorney General) opinion that precludes a PUD from providing end-user internet service to homes and businesses as an ISP (internet service provider).

The Revised Codes of Washington law is RCW 54.16.330  "Telecommunications facilities - Purposes - Limitations - Provision of wholesale telecommunications services - Eminent domain"

The related AG opinion (Washington State Attorney General) is AGO 1998 No.14, addressed to Brian Sonntag, Washington State Auditor at the time the opinion was issued.

No, I haven't held campaign fundraising events or even "meet and greet" events.  I have chosen, instead, to the work I would be doing if elected as your PUD Commissioner, researching pending issues to assure that any action taken is based on the most current and relevant facts.

That is what I have done, and will continue to do, as an elected Hospital Commissioner for over 40 years, and I would bring this same commitment to the PUD Commission.

Thank you for your support!!  PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE!!!!!
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment