Tony

Tony

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Your choice, and mine

"There is good in the worst of us and bad in the best of us.  It is up to you and I which we will seek.  Know this; whichever we choose, good or bad, that is what we will find."

Now on to my cow pasture philosophy of life:

"Some walk past the cow pies (dung) seeking daisies while others walk past the daisies to find the cow pies."

It is easy, and far too frequently necessary, to dwell on the negative during an election.  I truly try to avoid doing this by trying to show how I would do things differently, not how my opponent has failed at his or her post.  When you tear down the accomplishments of these currently in office, this reflects poorly on you and can, at least, harm the morale of the staff that has worked so hard to make those accomplishments.

When running for office, you must remember that some of those now in office will be the same people you will have to work with if you are elected and those working for the organization, whose efforts you have called into question, will still be there, as well.

As a candidate, you will create, during your campaign, the environment in which you will have to function, if elected.  I am trying to keep my portion of the campaign as positive as possible.  If chosen to serve my fellow citizens as PUD Commissioner, I would work to build on what has already been accomplished and make the changes and enhancements necessary to improve the our PUD and its service to you, the owners and customers.

We visited and shopped at the "Striders" garage sale today on Marrowstone Island.  Met some really great people and saw some old friends.

Hope you had a great holiday!!!
Tony


No comments:

Post a Comment