Tony

Tony

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Getting to Yes

"The journey to NO can be as short as a single step while getting to YES may require many steps and more time, but the destination is worth the effort."

Those in power can hinder the energy and efforts of those they represent with a single word; NO.  This can take many forms, such as "it is illegal", "we don't do things that way", "we have too many things other things going on right now", but, no matter how you phrase, it is still "NO".

To me, NO is the last possible option and, then, only when you have exhausted all possibilities.  YES takes effort, commitment, open mindedness, imagination, teamwork, energy, foresight, many of the traits we hope to find in those we elect to represent us, to chart our futures, to make our little corner of the world a better place.

Be it in my role as a Hospital Commissioner or working on a project in my garage, I will try to find a way to get to YES.  The tools needed may be research, asking those with more knowledge on the subject, or it might be as simple as putting on my thinking cap.

When faced with a problem, I work toward getting to YES.  When you see my name on the ballot, I hope you will say YES to me as your PUD Commissioner.

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment