Tony

Tony

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Mr. Collins responded to my question.

"The easiest way to learn the answer is to ask the question."

I posted the questions from my previous blog, regarding his actual duties and responsibilities in the energy and utility industries, to Mr. Collins via his Facebook page.  He did respond, to me personally, not publicly on his Facebook.  I have asked him if I can add his response to my blog and am awaiting his permission.

He ended his response with the following question:
And I have a question for you: What is your experience in the energy and utility industries? 

Here is how I answered this question:

Mr. Collins,

I have never claimed to have experience in the energy and utility industry other than what I have learned from extensive research and personal contacts since I decided to file for election. 

The day-to-day operations of any large organization should be left to those with the training and expertise, the boots on the ground.  It is the responsibility of the elected officials to assure that adequate, qualified staffing is provided and that the right staff members are the right positions.  In addition, the Commissioner must monitor staff’s performance against the goals; objectives and budget as set by the PUD Board and other such duties as are delineated in Chapter 54.04 of the Revised Code of Washington

I have over 40 years experience as an elected Commissioner for the Hospital District dba Jefferson Healthcare, a municipal corporation with an annual budget of 77 million dollars and 581 employees.  My position with the Hospital district is similar to that of a PUD Commissioner.  My experience includes the adoption of organizational goals, objectives and budgets and involvement with contracts and the public bidding process, as well as working within the rules imposed by the open meetings law and public records acts and other tasks as delineated under Chapter 70.44 of the Revised Code of Washington

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment