Tony

Tony

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Walking the tightrope

"As the campaign moves ahead, at times, I feel like I am walking a tightrope, without a net.  I tend to be a bit on the humble side, so how do I express my strengths and accomplishments, which does not come easily to me, without sounding egotistical.  Where is the balance between saying you can do the job better while still respecting the contributions of those you run against?  How do you state that things need to change at our PUD without compromising  the community's confidence in it?"

The thoughts above is quite lengthy, but these are the questions I ask myself each time communicate with our citizens, either in person or in print.  Some who run for office have a staff or a group of supporters that can help them shape their campaign.  In my case, aside from a couple of friends, who I trust completely, my campaign committee consists of my wife and I, neither of us politicians.

I consider this blog, at times, as a way to think out loud and, hopefully, share a bit of myself with you.  My wife listens to me as I ponder the issues, but who wants to listen to political stuff all evening.  Thank goodness she has ear buds for her Ipod.  I would say that my lifetime of community service and my 41 year record as a Hospital Commissioner could speak for themselves, but I am not sure how many are aware of either.

To those of you that share a few moments with me in this blog, thank you and, please, if you like what you see here, share the site with your friends.
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment