Tony

Tony

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Champion or barrier

"Elected officials should seek the wisdom and views of those they serve and then champion their cause, wherever and whenever necessary, to fulfill the people's needs and requests."

Unfortunately, once elected, those now holding office loose the connection,courted during their campaign, with those they represent.  This is apparent in DC and Olympia and can be seen on the local level as well.  Once elected, their focus seems to turn more to the organization rather than the needs of their constituents.  The only recourse that we, the people, have is to elect someone new at the next election and start the cycle over again.

Having served over 40 years as an elected Commissioner for Jefferson County Public Hospital District No.2, I constantly strive to think as if I were one of those I represent.  I am always open to suggestions from anyone because great solutions can come from those from outside the loop. 

If I gain nothing else from my campaign for PUD Commissioner, the experience sitting on the audience side of the board table has strengthened my resolve to stay in tune with and support the position of those I serve.

Thank you for your support.  Should you agree with my positions, I would appreciate letters of support to the Leader editor.
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment