Tony

Tony

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Late night, short message

"Some days just seem to have less hours than others, and this is one of them!"

I just completed my submission to the Peninsula Daily News for their primary election guide.  Initially it seemed like a simple task until I found that I had to express your views on important issues in 75 words or less.  I did a bit of research on PUD issues as well.


I completed  my homework prep for the special Hospital District Commission meeting tomorrow (or is that today, past midnight now) June 11.  It is scheduled for five hours to work on completion of our revised policy governance manual.  I am sure that much of the work I do for the Hospital District will transfer well to the PUD Board.  I still plan to continue my position as Commissioner on the Hospital District Board if elected to the PUD.  Being retired, I have the time to devote to both.

I have been given a rare opportunity to repay my wife, in a small way, for all she does for me.  One evening last week, she slipped in our yard and suffered a small fracture of her leg, at the ankle.  She can get around in her moon boot, but she has doctor's orders to keep weight off that leg.  For the last few days, I have been doing the cleaning, well, dishes and vacuuming anyway, running errands, helping my elderly mother-in-law and cooking meals. Please keep my wife in your thoughts for a quick recovery and that she can survive my feeble attempts at kitchen duty.

Thanks for letting me share my thoughts with you,.
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment