Tony

Tony

Monday, June 23, 2014

On wearing two hats

'Before taking on a new challenge, be completely sure that you can continue to fulfill your previous commitments without compromise."

Before deciding to run for PUD Commissioner, I took the time to assess my assets in time and energy, then discussed this, at length, with my family and closest friends.  One of the major concerns I had was whether I should continue as a Commissioner with Jefferson County Public Hospital District No.2, an elected position I have held for over 40 years.  I am just not ready to leave the Hospital District as I still want to be a participant in assuring the best health care system for our communities.

I decided that I had made a commitment to the citizens I currently serve. so, could I do Both?  Being retired, I have the time for both and I feel that my previous experience in an elected post will transfer well to the PUD and I feel that I have much to bring to both offices.

Those who know me well will attest to the fact that once I commit myself to something, I will diligently pursue its completion. 

I am currently on a break during a hospital conference and have to get back to it.  I will share more on this with you later.

Enjoy the sunshine!
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment