Tony

Tony

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Back to PSE????????

"When the same question or comment is raised by enough of those your serve, your duty is apply due diligence in pursuing the issue".

As the campaign moves forward, I frequently hear comments from residents that they wished the electrical power system was back in the hands of Puget Sound Energy (PSE).
 
Is this just frustration with the slow progress on the part of our PUD in attaining the level of customer service and community support previously offered by PSE or, possibly, do they really want to go back to PSE?

I am not sure that reverting back to PSE would be possible or even a good idea.  Publicly owned utilities have many benefits, especially in being owned and  locally controlled by our community.

I have not contacted Puget Sound Energy on this question as I do not feel this action would beappropriate on the part of a citizen.  It would be something to ask those representing us on the PUD Board. 

If I am elected and this issue, or any issue, is raised by my constituents, I would push for research into the subject, take action, if appropriate, and report the findings back to our community.  I realize that, in this particular case, this might result in me working myself out of a job, at least with regard to the electric component of our PUD, but, in my opinion, my job, as Commissioner, would be to act on the requests and support the positions of those I was elected to represent.

Please let me know how you feel on this issue at:
DeLeo4PUD@gmail.com

Thank you!!
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment