Tony

Tony

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Asking questions

"Making a decision or taking action before you have had all of your questions answered is, at best, not  serving those you represent, at worst, a sign of apathy."

In my public life, I am known as the one that does the research, reads the material and asks the questions.  At times, I will ask the question because I do not know the answer, at other times, even if I know the answer, I will ask to make sure that everyone present has heard the information.

I will continue to ask the question until I have the answer, not the answer I want to hear, but rather the answer that provides the information required to proceed with the action.  If those I ask do not have the answer, I will make sure that they get the answer and forward it to me.  Diligent, some would say, is an understatement as to my quest for information.

When I am on the receiving end of the question, I will always answer to the best of my knowledge.  I have never had a problem saying that I just do not know, but I will find the information and get back to you.

I refuse to act based on the information presented, regardless if this comes from staff or an outside consultant, until the material has been presented in adequate detail, including required documentation and statistics, to allow an informed decision.

On hospital district business again today, session ready to start, back to work.
Thank you for your time spent getting to know this candidate.


Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment