Tony

Tony

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Promises

"Until fulfilled, the value of a promise is dependent on the the integrity and commitment of the person making it."

Political promises seem to be an integral part of any campaign and the monolog of many comedians.

In my entries in this blog, I list what I feel could be the future of our PUD and the steps that would, I feel, make these visions a reality.  These are only my thoughts, not promises.  I believe I am a person of integrity, a virtue I value and defend.  This prevents me from making promises, even if they might aid me in winning this election.

To me, a promise is a commitment made only after you are confident that you will be able to deliver.  If elected, I would be only one of three commissioner, so fulfillment of any commitment I might make previous to taking office and thereafter, would be dependent on the actions of my fellow commissioners.  Considering this and so many other variables, I can offer no guarantees.

I will make you this promise, however, a commitment, that if elected,  I will do whatever I possibly can to represent your views, opinions and requests to the PUD Board, and work to make our PUD a better community partner to all it serves.

Thank you
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment