Tony

Tony

Sunday, September 28, 2014

They are all winners 
 
“As long as you do your best, give it all you have, you are a winner.”

I attended the Oyster Run in Quilcene today. The weather was beautiful, the event was festive and well organized, and there were so many winners. To me, everyone who steps up to the starting line is a winner, the only ones who do not win are those who do not get into the race.

There was a kid’s dash before the big race. Only two youngsters signed up, but, when the horn sounded, they gave it all they had. It was truly inspiring!!!

The weather, the event, so many things this morning, resulted in a bit of self-assessment. I have decided to loose some weight and start training for next season. No, I will never be in the front of the pack, at least, not after the horn sounds, but, as long as I can toe that line, do my best and keep at, I, too, will be a winner, no matter where I finish, as long as I finish.

This was a good day after all.
Thanks for your support

No comments:

Post a Comment