Tony

Tony

Monday, September 1, 2014

Questions to be answered

"When asked a question of substance, research the answer to assure that your response is complete, accurate and appropriately detailed."

 Questions have been posed to my opponent and me, the answers to be used in preparing a newspaper's voters guide and the Voter 411 on-line guide developed by the League of Women Voters.

Opportunities to share my concerns, about and suggestions for, improving our PUD are much appreciated, not only by me, as a candidate preparing the responses, but also by the voters seeking information upon which to base the decisions on the ballot. 

I am proud of our voters!!  Over 50% of registered Jefferson County voters let their voices be heard through casting their ballots the the August 5 primary.

I am still learning the details about the important activities of, and services provided, by our PUD.  Our PUD plays a crucial role in our daily lives and the future of our county.  When the new PUD Commissioner takes  office in January, that person should be ready and able to hit the ground running, from the first day, ready to conduct the business of the PUD Board and face the many issues that will be on the table at their first meeting.  This is no place for on-the-job training.

I have served as an elected Hospital Commissioner here in Jefferson County for over 40 years, a position very similar to that of a PUD Commissioner.   I am familiar with the applicable laws and regulations and how they affect the workings of a municipal corporation, be it Hospital District or Public Utility District.  Through my experience, I have learned how the duties and responsibilities  of of a Commissioner differ from those of staff and have seen the negative result when members of the Board of Commissioners cross the line into operational issues.

More to come later, hope you have a great holiday!
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment