Tony

Tony

Friday, September 5, 2014

Quick update

"Sometimes, the doing is more important than the telling."

A special PUD Commission meeting was held on Tuesday for a presentation by the team from NoaNet, the organization that is responsible for fiber optic lines being installed in our county.  It was quite interesting and now I understand a bit more about the relationship between NoaNet and our PUD, but, I must admit, there are a couple of details I still need to research further to understand.

Our PUD can provide fiber optic service, together with NoaNet, such public facilities such as schools and libraries.  They can also sell wholesale service to commercial ISP (internet service provider) companies who can then sell service to local businesses and residences.  Our PUD cannot provide service directly to you.  Whether you can have high speed fiber optic internet service to your home or business depends on the business plan of your ISP provider, such as Wave, CenturyLink, etc.

There will be many candidate forums over the weeks as the November General Election approaches.  I am actually working to increase that number by working with organizations and communities so the voters in all areas of the county can hear from my opponent and me.  I will be in the Quilcene parade on September 20, so hope to see you there, should be fun.

Today was a work at home day.  Many Honey-DO projects have had to take a back seat to the campaign.  Between projects, I worked on a couple of campaign issues. 

A few blogs back, I mentioned that I purchased a used "fixer-upper" metal lathe which needed much TLC.  Finally, that is off of my to-do list and it is up and running.  This project became quite involved, requiring me to dismantle most of the machine, clean, lubricate and make adjustments, then reassemble.  Guess What!!  It works as advertised and, even better, no spare parts!!

I will list the upcoming PUD candidate forums when the plans are finalized.

I still need your help!  I offer my time, experience, commitment and can-do attitude, but that will not win the election.  Unfortunately, a campaign is quite expensive and we can only do so much and still pay our bills.  Like you, we must live within our budget.

Your contributions will go along way toward me being elected and having the opportunity to serve and represent you as your new PUD Commissioner!

Please make checks payable to "De Leo for PUD" and send to:
De Leo for PUD
P O Box 1534
Port Hadlock  WA  98339

Thank you!!

Tony & Sherry De Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment