Tony

Tony

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Life it too short

"Our time here is far too short so take the time to cherish the moment, laugh a bit and have that bowl of ice cream!"  Tony De Leo

Commitments in our professional and personal lives can so fill every moment of our days that there never seems the time to enjoy the fruits of our labors.  We take the time to mow the lawn but never spread a blanket on it and relax.  The car gets washed and waxed but, with all we have to do, how could we possibly fit in a road trip?

We have to strike a balance between duty and enjoyment.  In my case, I truly take my job, whatever it may be, quite seriously while, on occasion, taking a moment to lighten my load, and those of others, with a bit of merriment and laughter.   It seems that there are two kinds of people, those who take their jobs seriously while others take themselves seriously (frequently to excess).  I enjoy a good laugh, even if it is at my expense.  If we cannot laugh at ourselves, we will miss out on so much!

P. S.

Technology has reached the De Leo household.  Today, by necessity, I traded my old flip phone for a "smart" phone.  Now the fun begins, so if you receive an undecipherable text or a call with odd noises in the background, you will know you have joined me on the slopes of this steep learning curve.

This was a great day spent with my wonderful wife!!
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment