Tony

Tony

Monday, May 12, 2014

Filing Day
As of 8:30 this morning, I have officially entered the race for Commissioner for Jefferson County PUD No. 1, District 2.  Unfortunately, the path to election will have to be put on hold for a day or so until I get the upper hand in the battle with this cold that seems to be going around.  It is a rather nasty bug!!

I will be meeting with my campaign committee (my wife, Sherry) later today to discuss plans for the race.  Business cards have been ordered and are on the way.  There are debates and visitations to local groups and clubs to be planned, any opportunity to share my thoughts with you and gain yours.  A few friends have offered to help with this effort and, of course, there is always room for more people willing to support me in seeking this opportunity to serve our community.  You can contact me at
DeLeo4PUD@Gmail.com.

 While at the courthouse this morning, I had the opportunity to meet Jeff Randall of Power Trip Energy and Friends of Public Power.  We chatted for a bit, discussing local generation of power and other issues.  I will be meeting with him in the future and visiting his company to learn more on solar power.

I have a lot to learn about the services provided by our PUD, water, power, waste water and fiber optic systems.  I am fortunate in that since I do not know all the answers, I will keep asking the questions.

I feel that conservation should be a vital part of assuring capacity for our current and future needs. I feel that more needs to be done in this effort.  Community growth,  commercial and residential, will depend on an adequate utilities system.   Both water and power are valuable resources and the gallon or kilowatt saved today will result in less infrastructure needing to be built tomorrow.

My hope is that my ideas for our PUD's future, combined with yours, will result in a victory at the polls.  Win or loose, however, if I can raise our community's awareness of the issues facing our local utility and convince our citizens that their voices, not only through the ballot, but at each and every PUD Commission meeting, and communication with the Commissioners, will have a significant impact on shaping the future of our community, I will have made a contribution.


No comments:

Post a Comment