Tony

Tony

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Curse of the short legged dog

"If we cannot see the humor that life's events sometimes offer, we are missing the best parts of life"

Please do not get me wrong, I love dogs, all breeds and sizes although not quite as much as goats.
We have a rather unique mixed breed dog, Gypsy, a 14 year old a half dachshund, half Jack Russel mix.  In her youth, she was quite spry even with those short legs, now not so much.  My mother-in-law has a Boston terrier, Darby, now 13 and still quite active.

Now to the point of this story.  I am the person who mows and cares for both rather large lawns, ours and my mother-in law's.  Having short legged dogs that are reluctant to go out to do their duty when the grass is even a bit too tall results in far more attention to lawn maintenance than I would otherwise deem adequate.  Having just finished mowing both lawns, this was on my mind and thought would share.

The reason I am more fond of goats?  They mow their own lawn!

Tomorrow promises a clear sunny day, great for seeking those "treasures" at local garage sales.  Maybe I will see you there.

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment