Tony

Tony

Friday, May 23, 2014

Enough time to commit?

 "I feel that much of the groundwork has been laid for the PUD, however, much work needs to be done to bring the PUD up to a level of service that we, the customers, WE, THE OWNERS deserve."
Tony De Leo

I had the pleasure of attending a meeting of the Friends of Public Power this evening.  My fellow candidates, Ken McMillen and Kenneth Collins, also attended and, during the candidates' presentations and subsequent question and answer session, a great deal of information was exchanged and, I feel, those attending had the opportunity to learn each candidate's position on many issues and we, the candidates, received input as to the concerns of those attending.

After the formal session, someone asked if I had enough time to commit to both the Hospital Board and the PUD Board while still being able to fulfill the commitments to both.  I answered that, on a busy week with the Hospital District, I spend as much as 15 hours for meetings, pre-meeting preparation and training.  Other weeks require less.   Being retired now, I have adequate time to devote to serving my community through both organizations.


My experience, gained from a lifetime of community service, including serving 41 years as an elected Commissioner for Jefferson County Public Hospital District No.2 (Jefferson Healthcare), a municipal corporation with an annual budget of over $70 million dollars, qualifies me to represent you and your future on the PUD Board.

Thank you Friends of Public Power and Jeff Randall for providing this forum.
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment