Tony

Tony

Tuesday, December 30, 2014


On the road again (for the first time)

While many of you will be watching ball games or recovering from the night before, I will be in my very first ever organized race, the New Years Discovery 5K / 10K.  As I have no experience or training, my first time out will be for the 5K.  This will be start at the Discovery Bay Golf Course, January 1, 11AM.
Link with info:
http://www.ptguide.com/pt-events/icalrepeat.detail/2015/01/01/83625/49/new-years-discovery-10k-run-a-5k-walk

I have an “unofficial” list of New Year’s resolutions and participating in such events, as a runner (actually walker), was one of the ones at the top of the list.  I am sure that, during this event, I will learn what I am doing wrong and I hope that others that are well versed in such activities will give me some pointers.

As a member of the board for Jefferson Healthcare, an organization committed to a healthy community, I decided it was time for me to walk the walk.  I hope that, if a novice like me, 65 years old and packing an extra pound or two (or more), can join in, maybe it will inspire others to get out there and exercise.

At the end of the race, we will learn if the story of the tortoise and the hare is just a myth.

Weather report warns of a chilly morning, so I plan to add an extra layer of clothing to find off the cold. 

Stay warm and, if you have an extra few dollars, please consider contributing to our PUD’s Power Boost Program and share the warmth this winter.
Thanks
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment